Kenneth Leo CA, CPA, J.D. Managing Partner
Kenneth holds a Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Accounting) from The University of Queensland and is a Chartered Accountant. He is also a full member of CPA Australia. Additionally, he graduated with a Juris Doctor (Postgraduate Law degree) from The University of Sydney. He is also a Registered Tax Agent.
He has been in the Accounting industry for a number of years serving both in the Australian Taxation Office and in private practice.
Kenneth specializes in providing taxation solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises. He is instrumental in charting the strategic growth of the Sydney head office.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of Northern California Air Company in a case alleging that breaks were not duty free and uniform donning and doffing time was unpaid; denial of certification affirmed on appeal.
- Defeated class certification and PAGA representative status on behalf of Media Games, Inc. in a case claiming that warehouse workers were not paid for all time worked and should be provided “suitable seats.”
- Won summary judgment for Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC in a PAGA “suitable seats” case involving thousands of employees who worked in various retail stores throughout California; unanimously affirmed on appeal.
- Won summary judgment for Virgin Airlines in a nationwide class action challenging the industry-wide practice of not paying wages to flight attendant trainees.
- AAJ Lifetime Achievement Award
- “The Man in the Arena” Award – April 2013
- The Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame 2012
- merican Association for Justice Heavy Lifting Award
Selected Reading on the Topic of Focus Groups:
Uses of Focus Groups in Litigation Research
By Jill Peterson Holmquist, J.D., Richard Jenson and Martin Q. Peterson, Ph.D.