Sid Mehta CPAManaging Partner (Melbourne)
Sid is a CPA with over 10 years of experience in tax and management accounting. He heads our office down in Melbourne.
Sid specalises in assisting clients with business and taxation advice to grow their business, increase profits and protect their wealth. Additionally, Sid has extensive experience in individual taxation, rental properties & negative gearing, GST, BAS and Cloud Accounting.
Combined with extensive industry knowledge and a caring nature, Sid is a one stop shop for tax and accounting solutions.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of Northern California Air Company in a case alleging that breaks were not duty free and uniform donning and doffing time was unpaid; denial of certification affirmed on appeal.
- Defeated class certification and PAGA representative status on behalf of Media Games, Inc. in a case claiming that warehouse workers were not paid for all time worked and should be provided “suitable seats.”
- Won summary judgment for Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC in a PAGA “suitable seats” case involving thousands of employees who worked in various retail stores throughout California; unanimously affirmed on appeal.
- Won summary judgment for Virgin Airlines in a nationwide class action challenging the industry-wide practice of not paying wages to flight attendant trainees.
- AAJ Lifetime Achievement Award
- “The Man in the Arena” Award – April 2013
- The Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame 2012
- merican Association for Justice Heavy Lifting Award
Selected Reading on the Topic of Focus Groups:
Uses of Focus Groups in Litigation Research
By Jill Peterson Holmquist, J.D., Richard Jenson and Martin Q. Peterson, Ph.D.