What is EMDG?
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) is a financial assistance program from the Australian Government for exporters. It is administrated by Austrade. EMDG can be simply understood as rebate on overseas marketing expenditures, you can claim up to 50% of your overseas marketing cost as a grant back.
If you employ an EMDG consultant, you are assured that:
1) You are claiming the most expenditure you can possibly claim.
2) You will be assisted when your claim is audited.
3) We keep and file all relevant documentation in good order to ensure that if you do get audited, all claims will be fully substantiated.
4) We have access to consultants with years of industry knowledge which may assist other aspects of your business.
Are you an exporter of Australian goods or services? You may be eligible to claim EMDG! Please contact us for an obligation free consultation and assessment now!
To be eligible for EMDG, you need to be:
1) An eligible entity
2) Export an eligible product or service
Who are eligible entities?
Any Australian company, individual, partnership, association, statutory corporation, co-operative, or trust that has carried on export promotion activities during the year for which they wish to apply for an export grant.
Who is eligible to apply for EMDG?
- Business with income in the grant year that is equal to or lower than $50 million
- A business which has incurred minimum $20,000 of eligible export expenses under the scheme (two years expenses can be combined for the first-time applicants) principal status for the export business (some exceptions are applicable, like non-profit export focused industry bodies)
- A business must have promoted one of the following:
- The export of intellectual property and goods
- Inbound tourism
- Events and conferences held on an Australian territory
Under Austrade’s Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme, certain organisations and groups otherwise not eligible can obtain approved status to apply for a grant in their own right.
There are two categories of approved status:
- Approved body
- Joint venture
Which eligible products a business must possess?
1) you have promoted your product for export
2) your product must be one of the following:
- a good made both in Australia or abroad; in latter case, Australia will derive net benefit from the overseas sale
- all services except the services that are specified in the EMDG Regulations as ineligible
- a tourism service (passenger transport, accommodation or tours)
- an event or conference held in Australia
- an intellectual property right that mainly resulted from a work conducted in Australia
- a trademark that was owned, assigned or first used in Australia
- know-how which is a result of the work conducted in Australia
Do you think your business qualifies? Not Sure? Please contact us for an obligation free consultation and assessment now!